BNP Paribas is the strategic partner of Bank of Nanjing (BoN) in retail and commercial banking and its second largest shareholder since 2005. As of 30 June 2013, BNP Paribas has 18% stake in Bank of Nanjing.
Along with the fast economic development in China, Bank of Nanjing has grown from a local city bank into a regional bank with fast expanding network and strong product capabilities. Today, Bank of Nanjing is the 16th locally listed Chinese bank.
Headquartered in Nanjing, it relies on a strong network of 103 branches in 11 cities. Bank of Nanjing covers the Yangtze River delta area (Nanjing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, etc.), as well as Beijing.
BNP Paribas and Bank of Nanjing leverage on their respective strengths to provide a full range of customized solutions to financial institutions and corporate clients including:
- Cash management
- Domestic and international settlement
- Trade services
- Working capital loans
- Project loans, bonds underwriting
- Loan syndication
- Structured financing
- Foreign exchange and interest rate hedging
- Bonds underwriting
To its individual customers, Bank of Nanjing provides debit cards, home loans, consumer loans, credit cards, wealth management products and internet banking.
Today, more than 4,400 collaborators serve over 3.4 million individual clients and 72,000 corporates.
Key Figures and Rankings:
- Market capitalization: nearly USD 4.5 billion in 2012
- Best regional bank in China (Source: 2011 Evaluation Report of China Commercial Banks’ Competitiveness)
- Rated BBB– by S&P (strongest among all regional peers)